Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Applebee's ~ Indianapolis, Indiana

We stopped to have supper at the Applebee's located at 7345 E Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN.

We got there around 6:30 and there was a line waiting to be seated. I don't know if this is normal for this Applebee's or if it was because it was a Friday night and the snow had ended and the roads had cleared. Whatever the reason, it was a busy place to be and we knew we would be awhile. We also knew that from my research, Applebee's has weight watchers (and low fat) menu items that we wanted to try.

Other than the restaurant being busy, it was clean and the service was good. We had a male waiter ~ he was a little preoccupied at first, but he warmed up and turned out to be pretty good.

We turned directly to the weight watchers page of the menu (the last page....go ahead, just skip all the other pages!). We ordered the Tortilla Chicken Melt appetizer ~ this is a wheat tortilla filled with grilled chicken, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, corn, and low fat cheeses. It has 480 calories and 13 grams of fat. I figure I ate 1/3 of it and Chris ate 2/3 ~ so that was only about 4 grams of fat for me from that. For our meal, Chris ordered the Steak and Portobellos which has 330 calories and 10 grams of fat. He also ordered some grilled shrimp ~ this wasn't on the weight watchers menu, but I'm sure grilled shrimp can't have too many fat grams. I ordered the Confetti Chicken, which is a grilled chicken breast covered with low fat cheeses, black bean and corn salsa, and salsa and low fat ranch sauce. Both the steak and the confetti chicken come with rice pilaf and broccoli. The confetti chicken has 370 calories and 7 grams of fat ~ so that was around 11 grams of fat for me for supper! Not bad!! When I first got my meal, I was wondering if this was going to fill me up....I'm so used to seeing huge plates of food that most average people can never finish, that when I seen a plate with just the right amount of food, it didn't look right. However, I have to say, it was more than enough. I was struggling at the end to get the last few bites. Chris said his was really good and it filled him up, too. So, go ahead and try the weight watcher's menu ~ c'mon, it doesn't hurt to try.

If you're wanting to get a good meal and still keep with a healthy diet, try Applebee's!

No comments: