Tuesday, July 8, 2008

January 16, 2008 ~ Naples, Tampa, Florida

After having a nice breakfast with our friends in Naples, we headed out for the Tampa area. We had several stops in and around Tampa, including Bradenton, Sarasota, and Riverview.


To accommodate one pick up, we had to go into Bradenton and then backtrack to Sarasota. That was actually fine, because it gave us a chance to check our load and make sure it was all still riding secure. We stop and check this often to ensure that everything arrives safely.


It took us a lot longer on all of our stops around  Tampa than what we anticipated. Everybody here were nice, friendly people ~ lots of offers for something to drink, something to eat, use of bathroom.


Our last stop was in downtown Tampa, and then we headed north. We stopped at the Flying J at exit 285 on I-75 for fuel and something to eat. I have to say, this was one of the best looking buffets I've seen at a Flying J. We went ahead and ordered from the menu......buffets tend to make you eat more than you need. Chris had a chicken fried steak meal and I had a grilled chicken breast sandwich. Then, we shared a slice of apple pie with our coffee. Sweets are our nemesis! For some reason, we have such a hard time saying NO. Our food was hot and appealing......and tasted really good. We were impressed.


When we headed back out, it was raining pretty heavily. It was about 10:00 pm and we had a full day. We went up the road a little further and spotted a Rodeway Inn in Bushnell, FL. We decided to stop for the night, but Chris said no more than $60.00 for a room and that includes tax. I went in and checked and the room was $69.99 plus tax......so, I went back out and told Chris and he said 'nope' (there was a WalMart right across the street, and we have the bed set up in the back.....we just didn't have access to our blankets as they were protecting an item in the trailer). I went back in and told front desk lady and she asked if we had AAA or anything...I told her we had a military ID......long story short, we got the room for $68.00 (including tax). Not bad for Florida.


We got soaked taking our stuff from the truck to the room, but once in, we got comfortable and got some sleep.......and ready to head further north tomorrow.


I've been working on our website. I first had a domain with Microsoft Office Live, but discovered that I just didn't have much flexibility with it. I couldn't post my blog there or change page layouts the way I wanted to. So, after looking at several other web solutions, I settled on good ole Yahoo Small Business. Great price, great flexibility, and my blog can go there automatically. I just got it active today (January 17th), so feel free to check it out, but don't expect much until I have a chance to poke around a little and do some editing. Click here to check our website ~ and more on what all we offer later!

No comments: