Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Just a Little Update.....

We've done an awful lot of traveling in the last year and a half. I didn't start blogging about our travels until January 2008 ~ then, it was through trial and error and the school of hard knocks that my posts were published, edited, deleted - and even changed blogging hosts a couple of times. The moral of all this is that I had some posts on Wordpress (I really like Wordpress, but didn't like the inability go place ads or edit themes the way I wanted) ~ I have successfully transferred those Wordpress posts to this new Blogger blog - yeah! Somewhere in there I started a website for our transportation business and had a Wordpress blog about our travels hosted through Yahoo, but was unable to transfer the original Wordpress into the new one or vice versa, or into this one. Are you lost yet?


My Yahoo hosted Wordpress blog is version 2.0.2 which doesn't have an export feature. Yahoo doesn't allow you to upgrade your current version of blogging software until THEY say it's stable and ready. Apparently, it's not stable enough ~ go figure. So, I've been copying and pasting the html over to Blogger.


So.....I've successfuly transferred the original posts into this blog; and since I didn't want to learn a bunch of SQL, I had to manually transfer - one post at a time and redo the links. Ugh!


However, I've been saving our most recent travels to post once I had a breather to get this post started. I'll be working on those over the next several days (or weeks.....depends on what comes up! lol). All this means is that instead of a concise day-to-day diary of our travels (complete with reviews - oh, and pictures!! I got a new FujiFilm S8100fd camera and I'm just dying to share pictures of the good ol' USA!), anyway, it'll be our travels in a somewhat random order until I get it all lined out.


Clear as mud, right? 

No comments: